The Holladay Design Services
Holladay Construction utilizes its partnership with Holladay Properties, a nationally recognized commercial real estate developer and property management firm. Holladay Properties has a dedicated team of architects and designers on hand to assist in the planning, design, and management of our projects.
What We Offer
Holladay provides Architecture and Design aimed at building a distinctive image for your business and providing clients with functional facilities that are also beautiful and award-winning. Their experienced and dedicated staff takes the time to program and understand the requirements and needs of your business in order to deliver a custom design solution catered to each individual client.
- Master Planning
- Land-use analysis & zoning/ordinance research
- Schematic road layout and parcel sizing
- Master plan rendering exhibits
- Architectural Guidelines development
- Covenants and Restrictions development
- Site planning
- Code review
- Full building design
- 3D building rendering
- As-Built measurement and documentation
- Exterior material selection
- Interior Design
- Space programming & planning
- Full design development
- Interior finish selections
- Furniture selections & layout
- Design Management
- Manage site design/civil engineering
- Manage mechanical engineer and/or design/build contractor
- Manage state and local approval/permit submittal process
Together, Holladay has completed over 1,000,000 square feet of construction for third-party clients. Some of our featured projects include:
Grand Park Events Center
- 377,560 SF Retail & Indoor Sports Arena; Westfield, IN
- The Grand Park Events Center is the largest indoor soccer facility in the world and marked a strategic partnership between the City of Westfield Indiana, Holladay Properties, and Holladay Construction Group. The arena houses three full-size soccer fields capable of adapting to many other sports and events including trade shows, live entertainment, conventions, and special event programming.
Superior Construction Co., Inc.
- 16,300 SF Commercial Office Building; Portage, IN
- When Superior Construction Co. decided to move its headquarters from Gary to Portage in 2015, they turned to Holladay to provide an ideal building solution. Working closely together, Holladay provided full development as well as architecture and interior design services for the 16,300 SF building featuring 10,525 SF of office on the main level, and shop and storage space in the basement.
Sheds on Charlotte
- 50,000 SF conversion of 75 year-old metal sheds into state-of-the-art office/retail complex; Nashville, TN
- The Sheds on Charlotte is a dramatic transformation of 50,000 square feet of 1940s-era corrugated metal sheds into a light -filled office/retail complex encompassing an entire city block from 22nd and 23rd Avenues along Charlotte Avenue in Nashville, TN. Throughout the design and construction process, extra attention was given to keep the "bones" of the structure and many of the architectural elements of the existing building in place. An example of this can be found in the open courtyards, where the original steel trusses were left exposed and help create an outdoor space that flows seamlessly from building to building.
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
- 70,000 SF, 120 room hotel; Indianapolis, IN
- The 122 room, 5 story full service hotel features a conference center, an indoor pool, a full kitchen with bar and an exterior patio. Some of the rooms and the exterior patio also feature spectacular views of AmeriPlex-Indianapolis' beautiful NatureScape and pond area. The hotel has earned several IHG awards since it was built, including the 2017 Quality Excellence Award for commitment to the guest experience, the 2016 IHG Newcomer of the Year Award for "Best in Class" service, and the 2015 New Development Design Award, given to hotels that merit special recognition for successfully implementing a new design program.
Fronius USA North American Headquarters
- 40,000 SF interior build-out; Portage, IN
- After purchasing a vacant warehouse building in Portage, IN, Fronius USA turned to Holladay Construction Group and Holladay Properties to transform the raw space into their new North American headquarters. Completed from permits to occupancy in less than four months, the 40,000 square foot build-out features floor to ceiling glass partitions in the majority of the office space and finish and furniture selections that match Fronius’ efficient and capable approach to business.
Michiana Hematology & Oncology
- 50,000 SF & 30,000 SF cancer treatment facilities; Mishawaka & Westville, IN
- Holladay partnered with Michiana Hematology Oncology to collaboratively develop, design and build a 50,000 square foot state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility in Mishawaka, Indiana. Utilizing ‘Safe by Design’ and sustainable elements, the new facility reflects the quality of care that is taking place in its exam rooms and corridors. The partnership further expanded to a 30,000 square foot facility in Westville, Indiana.
The Holladay Design Team
Ryan Kelly, LEED® Green Associate
VP - Planning & Design
Ryan Kelly joined Holladay Properties in 2000 as a Project Designer, where he developed a reputation for exceeding client expectations in the design and development of new tenant spaces. To date, he has designed over 150,000 square feet of interior office space, including general office, medical office and corporate headquarters.
Ryan is currently responsible for all planning and design activities in Holladay’s NW Indiana/Chicagoland market. He has extensive experience in land planning and entitlement for master-planned mixed use business park developments, having played a significant role in the shaping and design of three of Northwest Indiana’s premier master planned developments; AmeriPlex at the Port, AmeriPlex at the Crossroads and LifeWorks Business Park. With a specialized knowledge of “green” building principals, he is able to work with clients to understand and achieve land development and building sustainability goals.
Ryan attended Ivy Tech State College and Ball State University, studying both graphic design and architectural design. He is a member of the United States Green Building Council, Indiana Wildlife Federation and Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve.
Joy Yoo, AIA, LEED® AP BD+C, RID
Director of Design Services
Joy Yoo joined Holladay Properties as an architect in 2011. She works out of our Indianapolis office and is responsible for maintaining and improving AmeriPlex-Indianapolis' park quality, developing site plans, building design, and marketing tools for available lots in AmeriPlex-Indianapolis. Joy also performs architectural design work and project coordination for Holladay's construction projects and feasibility studies for the nationwide Holladay development projects.
Prior to joining Holladay, Joy worked as an architect for an architectural company in Indianapolis for seven years as well as multiple architectural design companies in Korea for nine years. Her unique experiences in both Korea and the United States were involved with various fields such as commercial, hospitality, healthcare, residential, transportation, and educational facility designs.
Joy holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Hong-ik University in Seoul, Korea and a Master of Architecture degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Jessica Vargas, LEED® AP
Jessica Vargas joined Holladay's Portage team in 2013 as a Project Architect, after spending over a decade working in traditional architecture firms. She is a licensed Architect in the States of Indiana, Illinois, and Tennessee, as well as a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional associated with the USGBC and GBCI.
Jessica performs in-house architecture and project management as well as third party design work, taking projects from initial concept through post occupancy. Prior to joining Holladay, Ms. Vargas worked for Gerometta & Kinel Architects in Chesterton, IN for seven years.
Jessica holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Design from Ball State University. She is a current Board Member of the National Association of Women in Construction’s NWI Chapter #311, the Porter County Building Trades Corporation, Habitat for Humanity of Porter County, and Junior Achievement of Chicago. In 2016, Jessica received the Influential Women of Northwest Indiana’s Up and Coming Woman in Construction award.
Lauren Quiett, RID, NCIDQ
Lauren Quiett joined Holladay Properties in 2014 as an in-house Interior Designer for the South Bend, IN development office. Her primary responsibilities include hospitality design and project management, tenant improvement drawings and documents, and construction administration.
Prior to joining Holladay Properties, Lauren worked as an interior designer for a real estate development company in Carmel, Indiana for seven years. Her unique experiences in a variety of development projects including retail, office, restaurant, and residential design allow her to work with a range of clientele.
Lauren holds a Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design degree from Michigan State University. She has been active in various activities in her children’s school, her church, and her professional communities. In addition, she enjoys spending time with her husband and three children, sharing their love of sports.
Lori Kappel is a Project Designer in Holladay's LaGrange, IL office. She performs space and site planning as well as interior design work for projects at AmeriPlex at the Port and AmeriPlex at the Crossroads, as well as various other projects in Northwest Indiana and Chicago.
During her time with Holladay, Lori has been responsible for all aspects of project design for existing portfolio projects, as well as speculative and build to suit projects for both internal and external owners. Most notably, she has been the lead Holladay designer for The Promenade at Founders Square in Portage, IN, and Burlington Station in Downers Grove, IL.
Lori has over 10 years of experience in interior design and holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in interior design from The Illinois Institute of Art-Schaumburg. She earned the Registered Interior Designer Certification from the National Council for Interior Design Qualification in 2018.
Laura Small, LEED® AP
Laura Small joined Holladay’s Portage Team in 2019 as a Project Architect after spending years in traditional architectural firms and owning her own firm. She is a licensed architect in Indiana, a LEED Accredited Professional, and NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Boards) certified.
Laura works on projects from inception thru post-occupancy and is responsible for design development, CAD construction documents, project specifications and construction administration. She brings over 30 years of experience in design and engineering of educational, medical, municipal, governmental, commercial, custom residential, and industrial projects to her role with Holladay.
Laura holds a Bachelor of Architecture and a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Design from Ball State University, where she graduated with honors distinction and received the Alpha Rho Chi Award. She is a current Board Member of the Lake Courthouse Foundation and the St. Mary Pastoral Council.
Ben Dance joined Holladay Properties in November 2019 as an Architect. He works out of the Nashville, TN office on a variety of projects including industrial, multi-family residential, and medical office.
Ben earned his degree in Architecture from the University of Virginia. He has accrued over six years of experience in the practice, working on a wide range of building types from project inception to completion.
In his role with Holladay, Ben provides design, project management, and construction administration coordination.