Holladay Construction Group recently completed an interior build-out of a 237,915 square foot service center for Graybar in Denver, CO. The facility includes a 20,812 square foot office, a 1,609 square foot will-call center, and a 215,494 square foot warehouse.
Holladay Construction Group began due diligence and programming for the service center in May 2017. Full design release was obtained in October 2017, and the building permit was submitted in November 2017. Construction began in December 2017 and we received the Certificate of Occupancy in May 2018.
Key subcontractors for this project included:
- Core Electric - Electrical
- GEMCO - Plumbing & Mechanical
- Team Linx - Low Voltage, Security, and A/V
- Allied Industrial - Dock Equipment
- Huebel Shaw - Racking System
Some of the major highlights of the construction of this project include:
- Installation of 352 new LED light fixtures in the warehouse, which are equipped with individual occupancy sensors. The IBG LED high-bays were supplied by Lithonia Lighting.
- Installation of 301 new LED light fixtures in the office area supplied by Lithonia Lighting and Peerless Lighting. The office lights features controls with dimmable and tunable features and are programmable thought the nLight Control System.
- The audio/visual system installed in the training room includes a digital white board, projector, and multiple display monitors, and is integrated with the lighting system.
- A new generator was installed that provides 100% back-up of the entire facility.
- Four new roof-top units were added that provide heating and cooling redundancy through the office area.
- Nine new HVLS fans were installed in the warehouse and are controllable through a central fan commander.
- The team retrofit 20 existing dock doors with leveler, dock commanders, rasco screens, and light/fan combos.
- Four existing dock doors were enlarged to 14' x 14' or 24' x 14' and equipped with rasco screens.
- A battery charging area for 22 new battery chargers was added.
- Storage racking and a WMS system was installed throughout the warehouse.
- Electrical Connection of 3 new lines of wire cutting equipment, with capacity for a future fourth line of equipment.
Enjoy the recap video for this project that includes a timelapse from Earthcam here: