Holladay is hiring interns
The Project Intern is responsible to help facilitate project delivery and administrative requirements related to planning, management and communication through effective day-to-day administration and coordination of projects. Works closely with Project Managers, Superintendents, and other project team members, including clients, in support of the success of a project. Management and coordination of submittal, cost control, scheduling, reporting, meeting, estimating and document control activities during the construction period and warranty phases. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
Typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in budgeting preliminary documents
- Assist with estimates and takeoffs
- Assist in bidding projects
- Solicitation of bids and followup
- Distribute new or updated drawings and specifications
- Update project schedules as required
- Research drawing interpretations, problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
- Assist in Value Engineering efforts from project conception to closeout
- Research, transmit and monitor RFI's
- Prepare submittal log in accordance with the project schedule and specifications.
- Prepare, monitor, manage, and expedite submittals in accordance with the submittal log and project requirements
- Accurately process and distribute submittals and RFI’s
- Ensure Contract Document Logs such as submittals and RFIs are maintained, updated and distributed as needed
- Distribute, research, monitor, compile proposed Change Order’s (CO’s), Architects Supplemental Instruction (ASI’s), etc. Submit to Supervisor for approval. Update contract documents with CO’s., ASI’s, etc. as required
- Maintain tracking system to expedite construction materials and equipment list
- Maintain and update project status reports as required
- Assist PM in generating ad hoc reports as necessary
- Attend and document project meetings and distribute meeting minutes as required with support from the Project Coordinator
- Assist with managing close out process
- During course of project, aide in reviewing and verifying quantities and unit prices of subcontractor extra work orders
- Continually seek to understand customer goals and needs and act with a sense of urgency in meeting these needs demonstrating value
- Ensure planned deadlines are met
- Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's or Superintendent's direction
- Ability to assume responsibility and constructively interact with Project Team
- Customer service and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Team oriented
- Problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of, or ability to become proficient in, Construction Management and industry software such as Procore, Planswift and MS Project
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required applicable standards.
- Valid Driver's License Required
Job Type: Summer Internship
Holladay Construction Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and a background check.
To apply, submit a detailed resume.
Click here to submit your resume >>