Work for Holladay Construction Group
Check back regularly for job opportunities with Holladay Construction Group, LLC. Submit your resume any time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant - LaGrange, IL
Holladay Construction Group is a Midwest Construction Manager - General Contractor with offices in South Bend, IN, Indianapolis, IN, Portage, IN and LaGrange, IL.
We are seeking a project coordinator at our LaGrange, IL office. If you have previous experience working in the construction industry or if you feel you meet the qualifications below, we would like to hear from you. Holladay offers a competitive salary and a working environment culture that supports a true team atmosphere. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Distribute documents and information among the team members
- Participate in meetings, take minutes, and distribute documents
- File electronic documents in owner systems
- Processing Lien Waivers and pay applications
- Processing change orders
- Processing Subcontracts
- Generating O&M Manuals and Close out Documents
- Administrative duties for the onsite construction team
- Track, monitor, and manage documents and other communication action items
- Other responsibilities to support the Project Management staff
- Ability to effectively communicate and disperse information
- Ability to learn internal software programs
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience in a construction-related industry preferred
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Competitive compensation, 401K option, medical insurance, life insurance, dental and vision
- A collaborative, progressive, team development environment
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Opportunities to make a difference in a growing and highly productive environment
Send a detailed resume and cover letter to apply.
Estimating & Purchasing Coordinator - Portage, IN
Holladay Construction Group, LLC, a national commercial contracting firm with offices in four cities throughout Indiana and in Northeast Illinois, is seeking an Estimating & Purchasing Coordinator for its Portage, IN location.
Basic duties and requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Perform accurate and detailed line item material takeoffs from civil, architectural, and structural drawings using computerized estimating and digitizing software
- Capable of estimating and purchasing for multiple projects concurrently
- Prequalify all subcontractors and supplies
- Assist with maintaining bid management software
- Update and enhance the subcontractor and supplier database
- Negotiate and maintain all national supplier agreements
- Perform all the above and all other duties as assigned in accordance with applicable laws and company policies
Don’t sell yourself short. Our Preconstruction Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent experience, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Technology preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent mathematical skills
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Windows environment, and working knowledge with spreadsheets
- Experience with estimating software like PlanSwift
- Experience with Procore is a plus
We can help develop a great career for you. Holladay’s benefit package includes health, vision, dental, Employee Assistance Program, 401k, group life insurance and a variety of supplemental insurance options, in addition to vacation and holiday pay. We are also committed to rewarding our colleagues through a variety of recognition programs and career-developing opportunities. Plus, you can receive advanced training in your chosen profession.
Consider managing your career by managing our communities. We reward talent and outstanding effort through competitive salaries and benefits, career building training programs and more. You will be constantly involved, receiving feedback, being coached and mentored and given credit where credit is due. Experience how working in an environment where your opinion counts can take you to a whole new level of your career.
To apply, submit your resume.
Holladay is hiring interns
The Project Intern is responsible to help facilitate project delivery and administrative requirements related to planning, management and communication through effective day-to-day administration and coordination of projects. Works closely with Project Managers, Superintendents, and other project team members, including clients, in support of the success of a project. Management and coordination of submittal, cost control, scheduling, reporting, meeting, estimating and document control activities during the construction period and warranty phases. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
Typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in budgeting preliminary documents
- Assist with estimates and takeoffs
- Assist in bidding projects
- Solicitation of bids and followup
- Distribute new or updated drawings and specifications
- Update project schedules as required
- Research drawing interpretations, problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
- Assist in Value Engineering efforts from project conception to closeout
- Research, transmit and monitor RFI's
- Prepare submittal log in accordance with the project schedule and specifications.
- Prepare, monitor, manage, and expedite submittals in accordance with the submittal log and project requirements
- Accurately process and distribute submittals and RFI’s
- Ensure Contract Document Logs such as submittals and RFIs are maintained, updated and distributed as needed
- Distribute, research, monitor, compile proposed Change Order’s (CO’s), Architects Supplemental Instruction (ASI’s), etc. Submit to Supervisor for approval. Update contract documents with CO’s., ASI’s, etc. as required
- Maintain tracking system to expedite construction materials and equipment list
- Maintain and update project status reports as required
- Assist PM in generating ad hoc reports as necessary
- Attend and document project meetings and distribute meeting minutes as required with support from the Project Coordinator
- Assist with managing close out process
- During course of project, aide in reviewing and verifying quantities and unit prices of subcontractor extra work orders
- Continually seek to understand customer goals and needs and act with a sense of urgency in meeting these needs demonstrating value
- Ensure planned deadlines are met
- Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's or Superintendent's direction
- Ability to assume responsibility and constructively interact with Project Team
- Customer service and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Team oriented
- Problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of, or ability to become proficient in, Construction Management and industry software such as Procore, Planswift and MS Project
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required applicable standards.
- Valid Driver's License Required
Job Type: Summer Internship
Holladay Construction Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and a background check.
To apply, submit a detailed resume.
> Why Join Our Team?
Holladay Construction Group is made up of a variety of talent and personality, but it takes us all to meet the demands of the we have projects and our goals as a company. Our team embraces the same entrepreneurial spirit and we have the capability, capacity and good will necessary to consistently execute at the level needed to achieve our objectives.
The people of Holladay are aware and knowledgeable of safety and risk, focused on respect and accountability, and eager to meet our company goal to be best-in-class. We know our employees spend almost as much time with one another here as a company as they do at home, and we strive to create a positive environment and family atmosphere. It’s only with the respect and accountability for one another that can make this company flourish.
If this sounds like a company you can get behind, we’d love to have you join Team HCG!
> What Can Holladay Construction Group Offer You?
Health Insurance & Flexible Spending Account
Our company offers a variety of health insurance tiers, prescription drug coverage, affordable dental coverage, vision plans and pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket healthcare and dependent care expenses are available to our employees.
Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
Eligible employees receive a generous paid time off allowance based on years of service and seven paid holidays each year.
401 K & Financial Planning
Employees can choose from up to 21 funds in our 401(K) plan and the broker for our 401(K) plan is available to assist our employees with personal financial planning at no additional cost.
Our Life Insurance policy is a basic coverage policy with a value based on the employee’s annual salary up to $50,000.