(Valparaiso, IN) - The Greater Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce and City of Valparaiso have announced the winners of its 51st Annual Community Improvement Awards and the Von Tobel Lumber renovation at 2556 S Washington Street is one of the honorees.
The 51st Annual Community Improvement Awards will recognize 15 local businesses for their commitment and investment in Valparaiso at a luncheon on October 23. Award winners are judged on several criteria based on the visual impact of the exterior appearance, including:
- Enhancement of the attractiveness of Valparaiso
- Compatibility with the area and environment
- Commitment to Valparaiso's future
- Creativity/innovation in design and use of materials
- Enhancement of quality of live and promotion of pride in Valparaiso
HCG was the General Contractor for the Von Tobel Lumber renovation in Valparaiso and Jessica Vargas of Holladay Properties was the Project Architect for the exterior façade and office space design. Renovations began in October 2017 and the project was completed in June 2018.